LFS Bootscripts 2.2.2 released

conathan at conet.dyndns.org conathan at conet.dyndns.org
Thu Aug 12 19:10:44 PDT 2004

I am presenting this as the final version for the LFS 6.0 book.  I will
also like to thank DJ Lucas, Kevin P Fleming and Jim for all of their help
on this particular release (debugging and enhacing).  [if there were
further volunteers, please reply].

I suggest that lfs testing and lfs unstable upgrade to this release.

http://downloads.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs-bootscripts-2.2.2.tar.bz2
[Please note, I do not know what to do with the old one in this directory,
(although it is used in both books at this particular moment so I am going
to assume I should not remove it immediately)]

Some enhancements, some bugfixes.

changes since 2.2.1:

Added the PEER variable to the ifconfig.*/* file, done by Kevin P. Fleming
[No clue what this does, but sounds useful]

Committed DJ Lucas's patch for the killproc function.  It no longer
requires arguments if PIDFILE is set

added --backup to all sysconfig configuration files, so they are not
replaced on a make install [may have a more elaborate system in the
future, but this works]

Moved PIDFILE check to getpids and removed arguments from killproc and
reloadproc.  Signals are now set at begining of funtcions script with
KILLDELAY. (DJ)

Added a optional service script which can set the MTU for a given
interface (I just reorganized one of Jim's scripts)

Added MODE, DIRMODE, and CONFMODE variables to the makefile to allow
permissions to be set at install. (DJ)

Added missing error redirect (/dev/null) in getpids. (DJ)