Comments on Version 6.0-testing-20040807

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Aug 8 18:28:20 PDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-08-08 at 13:05, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> a. Chapter 1 needs to be synchronized with Cpater 5.

If somebody could rewrite that part of chapter01/how.xml that would be
helpful.

> b. The link points to the start of Chapter 8, but should probably point
> to chapter08/kernel.

chapter08/kernel doesn't include Grub instructions. Pointing to
chapter08/grub won't really work either because it doesn't include the
kernel instructions. I think it's best to just point to the chapter and
have the reader go to both sections are required.

> c. There are no suggestions for configuring the bootstrap version of the
> kernel. Comments that are apporpriate would be:
> i. No modules or new module-init-tools
> ii. Hotplug (is it appropriate for a bootstrap kernel?)
> iii. No NTPL
> iv. Others?

What exactly do you mean "bootstrap kernel"? And where should this
occur?

> The secion on Device & Module Handling is very enlightening, but here
> are several typographical and grammatical changes suggested:

All incorporated (mostly verbatim, some I changed slightly. Check the
svn diff posted to lfs-book when it arrives).

--
Gerard Beekmans