Minor typos in testing

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Aug 8 12:59:09 PDT 2004

Gerard,

Is the testing branch open for commits again yet?  There's a couple of
typos in chapter 5:

binutils-2.15.91.0.2 Pass 1: "Do not yet remove..."  would read better
(IMO) as "Do not remove...yet".

binutils-2.15.91.0.2 Pass 2: Same as above.  Additionally the second
sentence starts "hese", not "These".

gettext-0.14.1: The description of the --disable-csharp option states
"We have already locked ourselves into the temporary tools which does
not include a C# compiler".  We've not actually gotten into the chroot
area yet.  It should probably be replaced with something like ncurses
--without-ada option.

Inconsistencies in the optional tests: diffutils, ncurses, patch,
util-linux, perl and udev have no text indicating how their test suites
can be run.  I can't recall off the top of my head whether any/all of
these even have a test suite, but even the omission of such should, IMO,
be mentioned.  At the moment it just looks like we forgot about them.

A new version of iproute2 has been released too.  The patch applies
cleanly and has been updated in the patches project already.  This
should be a drop-in replacement.

There's only the coreutils patches available in
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/lfs/cvs/testing/.  That
directory should be being populated by the post-commit script IIRC, so I
don't know whats up with that at the moment.

Note that I've not done a thorough readthrough of that chapter.  This is
just what leapt out at me at first glance.

Cheers,

Matt.