LFS 6.0-rc?

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Wed Aug 4 12:55:30 PDT 2004

Gerard Beekmans wrote:

>On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 13:08, Matthew Burgess wrote:
>

>>*Before* we roll the RC I'd like you to make a final decision on HJL vs.
>>

>I quickly read the thread, will have to read in more detail in a bit.
>
>Can it be a drop-in replacement that doesn't need a tremendous amount of
>testing? I don't want to hold up the release a few weeks because of last
>minute package updates.

Totally drop-in replacement, and in this case, Matt is correct, the HJL
releases have actually gotten MORE testing than the FSF release.  The
only major difference that I'm aware of is -z relro is available in HJL,
but not in FSF.  We also get back to all binutils testsuites passing as
expected with HJL's 91.0.2 release.

I say go for it, and also if kernel 2.6.8 is released in time, we
upgrade there as well, for the kernel vuln's.

That's just my .02c worth.

-J-