2.6 and kernel headers

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Sun Oct 19 20:32:15 PDT 2003

On Sun, Oct 19, 2003 at 10:11:26PM -0500, DJ Lucas wrote:
> Greg Schafer wrote:
> >
> >For the record, clearing out all the "#ifdef __KERNEL__" gunk can be
> >automated with unifdef.c. I found a version in the netbsd sources that
> >compiles with only minimal hacking. Seems to do a very fine job.
>
> No hacking required.....
>
> http://packages.debian.org/unstable/devel/unifdef.html

Actually, found a better one:

http://dotat.at/prog/misc/

This one also handles syntax like:

#if defined(__KERNEL__)

which the 1st one doesn't. Source is not portable tho' as it uses strlcpy()
which seems to be a BSD'ism. The openssl source has a similar looking
function so I just hacked that one in and voila! :-)

Greg