From glibc-2.2.x to glibc-2.3.x

Tushar T tush at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 26 19:25:02 PDT 2002

Greg Schafer wrote:

>C'mon guys! Have I convinced you yet? The patch is obviously the easiest way
>to go! Lets just do it! No hacks, no risk, just normal LFS and no grief!

I still tend to think that MSB's solution is the most elegant and
correct. Packages should be patched only if they fix some incorrect
behaviour.

The major difference between LFS and the other distributions is that
they have to support the existing static libraries and binaries, we
don't. Gentoo cannot tell its users to recompile all the existing
packages after installing glibc.

--
Tushar Teredesai
LFS ID: 1377