problem with glibc 2.3.1 not solved

Edward Pinski pinskie at physics.uc.edu
Tue Oct 22 07:34:09 PDT 2002

On Tuesday, Oct 22, 2002, at 10:32 US/Eastern, Axel wrote:

> at chapter 6, when i try to compile glibc 2.3.1 , no problem
> but after the "make install" , segmentation faults appears for
> programs like
> tar randomly., although they have been statically linked in chapter 5.
> i have not applied the patch glibc-2.2.5-2 too.
> could this be the source of the problem?

No, it has NOTHING to do with the patch, it has everything to do with
the
fact that the nss libraries on glibc-2.3.x cause the segmentation fault,
this issue has been brought up, several times up this exactly mailing
lists,
I advise you to check your archives of this mailing list for the several
solutions to this problem.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org