group ownership of /static

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Oct 18 10:34:34 PDT 2002

On October 11, 2002 04:45 pm, Matthias Benkmann wrote:
> Currently the book contains the command
>
> chown -R lfs $LFS/static
>
> in section "Install all software as an unprivileged user". This leaves the
> group ownership unchanged. Is this intentional? I think it would be better
> to use

It's not done intentionally. Just doing the least amount of work. I don't
think the group needs to be changed, as long as the user is set properly, the
'lfs' user as free reign over $LFS/static

Is there a special reason why you would want the group to be changed as well,
or just a cosmetic issue?

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org