[patch] Installing glibc 2.3.x

Ronald Hummelink ronald at hummelink.xs4all.nl
Sun Nov 17 17:34:35 PST 2002

On Mon, 2002-11-18 at 02:29, Tushar Teredesai wrote:

> Was the decision made on which upgrade path to choose?
>
> Does this approach cause any problems for someone using MSB's pkg-user hint?

No, this really is a worked out proposal.

I do not expect it cause any trouble, but i don't personally use MSB's
pkg-user hint.
What this does is link a pwd resolving stub library along with the
binaries that segfault verses the new NSS, solving the problem; the
libnss libraries are not needed by /static for passwd and group resolves
making the /static more "stand alone".

Ronald

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org