GCC patch

Marc Heerdink marc at koelkast.net
Thu Mar 7 14:22:02 PST 2002

Op do 07-03-2002, om 22:46 schreef Gerard Beekmans:
> On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 03:10:52PM -0600, chad.d.campbell at mail.sprint.com wrote:
> > Yes - it does everything the current patch does.  If it can't go into
> > 3.2, it may be moot.  Are there plans for jumping to gcc-3.x after 3.2?
>
> For sure yes, but it's planned to go into LFS-4.0. I'm not too sure if
> there is going to be an LFS-3.3 after 3.2 or we jump straight to 4.0
>
> It greatly depends on how much time we need to implement all the
> outstanding bugs into the book. If it's going to take more than 2 months
> I'll release a 3.3 so people will have a newer version to work with that
> fixes most of the problems.
>
> I'll try to put in more time into LFS so a 3.3 may not be needed but I
> can't promise anything. I only have my free time to work on LFS and that
> time's not always present abudantly.

If I understand correctly, you jumped off the idea of implementing the
keep_chap_etc hint right after releasing 3.2? That would make it
impossible to release a book in the 3.x style, because that hint will be
the major change in 4.0.... or did you find out how branches work in
CVS? ;-) Anyways, I don't think getting 4.0 ready will take more than
two months :-)

--
"Mooh!"
- A Cow.