GCC patch

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Mar 7 13:46:53 PST 2002

On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 03:10:52PM -0600, chad.d.campbell at mail.sprint.com wrote:
> Yes - it does everything the current patch does.  If it can't go into
> 3.2, it may be moot.  Are there plans for jumping to gcc-3.x after 3.2?

For sure yes, but it's planned to go into LFS-4.0. I'm not too sure if
there is going to be an LFS-3.3 after 3.2 or we jump straight to 4.0

It greatly depends on how much time we need to implement all the
outstanding bugs into the book. If it's going to take more than 2 months
I'll release a 3.3 so people will have a newer version to work with that
fixes most of the problems.

I'll try to put in more time into LFS so a 3.3 may not be needed but I
can't promise anything. I only have my free time to work on LFS and that
time's not always present abudantly.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org