Latest util-linux-2.11s needs zlib

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jul 12 10:09:04 PDT 2002

On Fri, 12, Jul, 2002 at 07:09:56AM -0700, Timothy Bauscher spoke thus..
> On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 02:55:41PM +0000, Mark Hymers wrote:
> > > This is now Bug 375: "Add zlib-1.1.4 to the book."
> >
> > I'll swap you zlib for reiserfsprogs.
>
> LOL. Da, go ahead and add Reiser to BLFS and we can remove
> it from LFS. I remember the bug saying we should point to
> another source for Reiser once it is removed from the LFS
> book. But, can you think of an appropriate place for it, or
> indeed, a reason why the book should need to point to
> alternative filesystems when they have little (or no) affect
> on building LFS the first time around? I'm not against listing
> Reiser in the book, but i question the need.

Not reiser specifically but more a thing saying, if you want to export
alternative filesystems then look at BLFS Chapter XX (can't recall which
one it is off hand but there is a specific one now).  It would probably
go on the mke2fs page and again on the Installing e2fsprogs page.

Alternatively, to avoid cluttering the book we could have a new page in
Chapter 2 [ You know, the one no-one seems to read ;-) ] called
Alternatives which would point to that page (it'd work for the Editors
as well).  Again, a Gerard decision.

> Once again, great job on the BLFS reconstruction :) Did
> you see that list of broken URLs?

Yeah, I'll get around to it sometime over the weekend.  Sorry for the
delay.  (I'm thinking of having a "Sorry for the delay" key added to my
keyboard..)

> I've already got zlib taken care of. I just want Gerards'
> "ok" before i commit it. The commit also includes an updated
> util-linux, file, and the HAVE_GAS thing for GCC. There are
> a number of command formatting changes as well. 4 bugs
> squashed in one test build -- not bad :)

Hehe.  Yeah, I'd wait for Gerard's OK before doing it.  I hope he
agrees.

Mark

markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org