Here is the fix! (was Re: LFS build method flawed?)

Chris Lingard chris at stockwith.co.uk
Wed Jul 10 10:28:45 PDT 2002

Greg Schafer wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 09:19:59AM +0200, Erika Pacholleck wrote:
>> Total chaos here, I don't seem to understand anything now.
>> machine i586-pc-linux
>> book version cvs 06-30: no patch mentioned
>> binutils is 2.12.1
>> glibc 2.2.5
>> gcc 3.1
>> all dependeny progs dynamically installed
>> trying to recompile gcc
>> hidden support = no

Same here too.

>  - the cause is due to gcc-3.1's configure script not correctly
>    detecting the binutils version (2.12.1) which makes it think
>    our binutils doesn't have support for the ".hidden assembler
>    directive"

>  gcc-3.1's
>    configure script still doesn't detect the correct binutils
>    version because it doesn't know to look in $LFS/static/bin which
>    is where we install binutils in Chapter 5 (it doesn't search the
>    PATH either)

I am not using /static,  OK  I am guilty of not following the book.

I just overwrite the static versions with the dynamic versions just
like we used to do it.

Also I am building chapter 5 with  binutils version (2.12.1)
So why does it not find it when it is the right place

I got a patch for bug 377, memset
I just got your patch too, many thanks.
Any more patches around?

>    echo "#define HAVE_GAS_HIDDEN 1" >> gcc/auto-host.h &&

Thanks for this too

Please confirm that I apply both patches, then do the above hack
for chapters 5 and 6

Chris

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org