Boot scripts and dmesg log.

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Feb 25 10:52:17 PST 2002

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 01:24:05AM +0000, William L. Maltby wrote:
> I have not seen this mentioned in any article I have reviewed in the
> last month, so I assume it was either investigated and rejected eons
> ago or has not been yet considered.

It's been put on hold on my end. Alongside this I also want to find a way
to save the output of bootscripts that run before any partition is mounted
in read-write mode. I've been thinking about ramdisks but that would be too
complex to add to LFS. Perhaps this can be done with a global variable that
can be parsed when mountfs runs and write the output to some file in
/var/log/bootmsg.log or whatever (perhaps dmesg output can go in that same file)

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org