GCC patch repository???

Chad Campbell chad.d.campbell at mail.sprint.com
Sun Feb 17 08:40:41 PST 2002

Hi all - my current go of LFS on the Alpha has been very successful - X,
telnet, ncftp, lynx, and iptables work great.  I only had 1 compile
problem - and I get unaligned traps with ping - although it still works.
The only thing that has totally bombed is KDE.  I get a segfault in
klauncher that apparently then causes a segfault in ksplash.  The backtrace
shows it occurs in waitpid.  I don't want to try fixing that problem until
I'm sure that everything KDE depends on is compiled w/debug and -mieee, so
I'm going back and adding those options to binutils, gcc, and glibc.  I'm
also going to try getting all the patches to work that are part of LFS 3.1.
Anyway - here is the problem that I get when compiling the patched
gcc-2.95.3:

../../gcc-2.95.3/gcc/config/alpha/crtbegin.asm: Assembler messages:
../../gcc-2.95.3/gcc/config/alpha/crtbegin.asm:118: Error: Symbol
__dso_handle already defined.

Any help on that particular error would be appreciated.  On a more general
note, does anyone know of a repository of GCC patches?  I have been
searching, but I can't seem to find any such thing.  I'm considering
extracting all the Alpha related patches from the RedHat gcc SRPM, but I'd
rather find something that is not related to a particular distro.

Thanks,

Chad