new times gcc-2.2.5+gcc-3.0.3

Didier Bodineau Didier.Bodineau at wanadoo.fr
Fri Feb 8 22:28:45 PST 2002

Jim Gifford wrote:

> Ok let me clarify some information here.
>
> Using gcc-3.0.3 - ncurses 5.2 with patch dated 2-2-2002 - procps 2.0.7
>
> This combination does not work!!! It is a problem with curses.h a parse
> error. How did you get around this problem.
>
> "Jim Gifford" <giffordj at linkline.com> wrote in message
> news:a3tei9$km$1 at shadowfax.linuxfromscratch.org...
> > I used the lastest patch and now I get a conflict when I compile
> > procps-2.0.7.
> >
> > "Felipe Contreras" <al593181 at mail.mty.itesm.mx> wrote in message
> > news:20020131172840.GA104 at sion.mty.itesm.mx...
> gcc-3.0.3

> > > The ncurses problem is solved by upgrading it with the latest patch, the
> > > groff problem is just question of including iostream.h in the file that
> > > fails.
> > >
> > > Those are the only two problems but I think it's not gcc's fault, and
> > > there is an acceptable solution. e2fsprogs on the other hand doesn't
> > > have any solution that I know, so I consider it a problem.
> > >
> > > Anyway I have to go, I'll keep tring this new system, for now, zlib,
> > > openssl and XFre86-4.2.0 compiled without problems.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Felipe Contreras
> > > --
The problem doesn't seem to be really with ncurses but with bison which
doesn't work correctly has "yacc" since bison > 1.28. If you try first
installing bison-1.28 then groff-1.17.2 it will work, or if you replace
the "yacc" by the original one from biblio.org (version 1.9.1) and make
the soft link "ln -s byacc yacc" it will work also, so I think we
shouldn't make 'ncurses' the culprit in that 'affair'!

The ncurses I use is the one provided by debian unstable
ncurses-5.2.2002012a.0orig.tar.gz!
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org