sh --> bash symlinks

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 31 12:43:23 PST 2001

I've changed the explanation there and i've done it quick so I may not have
been accurate. I put the following in it:

<para>
<userinput>ln -s bash sh:</userinput> This command creates the sh
symlink that points to bash. Most scripts run themselves via 'sh'
(invoked by the #!/bin/sh as the first line in the scripts) which
invokes a special bash mode. Bash will then behave (as closely as
possible) as the original Bourne shell.
</para>

Good enough?

--