FW: About the extra mailinglist

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jan 19 10:30:22 PST 2001

> Then what about having lfs-apps, lfs-chatter, and linux-chatter (or
> chatter/non-lfs-chatter/etc)?
> Extending your reasoning above for having lfs-chatter and linux as separate
> lists, what about people who want to read/ask/respond about installing
> package x on their LFS system, but don't care about threads such as
> "Should we advertise LFS", which would be mixed together in the lfs-chatter
> list if lfs-apps is shut down.

lfs-apps is shutdown but in place of it will be lfs-problems (though the more
i think about that name the less I like it. Perhaps retain the lfs-apps name
is best in the end).

To repsond to your X/LFS advertisement:

problems with X is for lfs-problems
Should we advertise LFS is for lfs-chatter.

so if you don't want the LFS advertisement don't subscribe to lfs-chatter. I
don't see the problem there really.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org