Stuck on step number one

jerry jdinardo at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jan 18 05:37:01 PST 2001

I have a disk where the ext2 partitions were created by a disk to disk
utility (I do not remember the name) . You can boot and run linux
without any problem. However "fdisk /dev/hda" puts fdisk in a loop
which continuously prints an error message.

cfdisk however has no problem with the disk.

I always preferred fdisk but now I use cfdisk exclusively . Even  the fdisk
man page says to use cfdisk because fdisk is "buggy".

jpd

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org