Advertising for LFS

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 16 13:23:09 PST 2001

> In defense of the original poster - I do think it is important that LFS not
> grow faster than it can handle.  I would be really upset if I couldn't get
> to my favorite web site because there was too much growth for the
> bandwidth. With that said I would like to see LFS grow as quickly as it is
> able.

Don't worry about the bandwidth behind LFS. Right now it sits on a 1mbit DSL
connection, but the company i work for (bcpub.com) has boxes in a co-location
facility as well with a lot of bandwidth available. I can move to a 10mbit
connection in the blink of an eye if needed and even if we somehow saturate
that 10mbit link it can be upgraded to a gbit or two (hardware wise, funding
wise is always a different issue, but if it grows that much, funding is most
likely to grow with it).

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org