make: *** [install.perl] Segmentation fault

Matthias Benkmann mbenkmann at gmx.de
Tue Jan 16 06:31:51 PST 2001

> > p.s.:  Here is something for the wish list...  A script that tests the
> > packages installed in LFS and pinpoints problems.
>
> The script/program you propose is an interesting idea. Probably going to take
> quite some time though (if you do it properly you want to create a test for
> every binary on the system and there are a lot)

I think it would be sufficient if the test script would test the system
for problems already known. This could actually replace the suggested FAQ.
Whenever someone has a problem he runs the script and it'll tell him what
the problem is (e.g. missing curses->ncurses symlink,...). Only if it's a
new problem the script would tell him to repost his question on lfs-
discuss. Once we've solved the problem here we add a new test and the
answer to the test script.

MSB

----
In allen Kulturen haben Muetter ihre Babys mit Vorgekautem
von Mund zu Mund gefuettert.
Bis vor kurzem sogar noch in Schleswig-Holstein.

Irenaeus Eibl-Eibesfeldt im SZ Magazin, No.28

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org