Redhat

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Sun Jan 14 11:29:50 PST 2001

Yo,

On Sun, Jan 14, 2001 at 07:50:10AM -0500, jerry wrote:
> Redhat also contributes more back to the linux community than any other
> single entity that I know of through contributions of both code and
> financial support of a great many linux hackers such as allen cox.

VA Linux.

Slashdot, Freshmeat, SoureForge, OSDN, Linux.com, Themes.org, etc...

They do more (or should i say, are _doing_ more) for the community now
and in the long run then RH is (or any other entity)

They are actually helping to develop standards, they support more then
one "flavour" of linux, they feature there "uber hackers" on all there
adds, bringing a much more "community feel" to commercialization.

They actually have _a real_ business plan, unlike RH.

Dunno..

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org