chroot problem...

Daniel Wilcox disabled at gmx.at
Thu Jan 11 13:02:08 PST 2001

ok i double checked my problem (found it once killed the install and did it
again), when i chroot into the lfs environment, it does not recognize me
as
root (it just doesn't know who i am and tells me to piss off).  i copied
the
entries of the group, and .bash_profile via gpm, so there is little room
for
error (or so i think).  i was wondering if there was something else that
needed to be setup, another script file or something.

system:
pentium 233 with 32 megs dram with onboard video
using suse 6.3 to do the lfs install
and aside from writing a script to do all the installing up till chroot
environment, nothing strange (i only had the script on the later install,
didn't have it on the earlier install, so i don't think that it is the
source of the problem).

and help would be appreciated.
daniel

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org