lfs todo and wish lists online

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 9 18:07:01 PST 2001

> On Tuesday 09 January 2001  6:36 pm, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> > Finally, those lists are online. I hope all items are clear, some may be
> > too cryptic to decypher unless you have had training in lfs todo list
> > encryption algorithms.
> >
> > http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/todo.php
> > http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/wish.php
>
> Also, you mention about the man-pages... I just did chown root.root -R for
> the man-pages dir BEFORE installing...
>
> On the wish list...
>
> For the package management... I found this wonderful program that can do
> exactly what to 2 finds do but faster... It just watches what the 'make
> install' process does and logs it.
> http://mayams.net/~izto/checkinstall-en.html
> http://codejunkie.net/spasm/
> FileTrace: http://software.senko.net/

Actually installwatch is the driving force behind it. I've used
installwatch in the past but I never liked the output of it very much.
Too cryptic and you have to edit the output file too much. You can't
simply run that output file through xargs or something to 'rm' every
line of it. YOu have to be careful to remove references to actions like
adressing the /usr/bin directory before you do a rm -r /usr/bin by
accident while you actually only want to rm the files it created, not
the directories it opened to create the files.

Perhaps installwatch updated since last time I checked and perhaps it
now comes with some sort of script to create a friendlier output of it's
output file (a human-readable file is important too to me)

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org