Error Loading net-pf-9

Joseph McPherson josephmcpherson at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 8 18:34:31 PST 2001

I have installed the LFS base system and beat out all the errors and
typo's save one.  That one has stumped me.  Can I get some help here.  I
have checked everything I have typed in and there is no mention of the
device "net-pf-9".  I am assuming it must be a device.  It cannot be
found in the file system.  Also, it does generate a higher level error
in the boot process.  The error is reported thus:

Bringing up the loopback interface... modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate
module net-pf-9.
modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module net-pf-9

[ OK ]

The boot process continues without any further reference.  My questions
are 1) what is this about and 2) how can I get it to go away?

Joe

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org