What distro to start from ?

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Sun Jan 7 07:16:33 PST 2001

Yo,

On Sun, Jan 07, 2001 at 12:36:22PM -0800, Zertox wrote:
> now whats the best distro (exept lfs) to install lfs with ?
> and what version :-)

http://community.linuxfromscratch.org/pollBooth.pl?qid=distro&aid=-1

(ok, we all know most slashdot posts are never right, but this is still
good =)

I would use something like Slackware 7.x, Redhat 6.x, Mandrake 6.x/7.x,
Debian 2.1/2.2, my personal favourite to bootstrap is Slackware 7.1

But any recent distrobution that's using glibc 2.1.x with all (uhh most)
development packages installed should work just fine...

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org