Linux-2.4.0 is out!! (Multiple PCMCIA NIC's)

Seri Al-Najjar Seri_Al-Najjar at ins.com
Fri Jan 5 08:26:15 PST 2001

I scrapped the /etc/init.d/pcmcia script and have kept just my ethnet script.

I've pasted it below and my /etc/sysconfig/network file so that if anyone
else want's to run 2 pcmcia cards on different networks it may help, it's not
perfect but it seems to work.

ethnet:
#!/bin/sh
# Begin /etc/init.d/ethnet
source /etc/init.d/functions
source /etc/sysconfig/network

if [ $2 = "eth0" ]; then
	DHCP=$DHCP0
	IP=$IP0
	BROAD=$BROAD0
	MASK=$MASK0
else
	DHCP=$DHCP1
	IP=$IP1
	BROAD=$BROAD1
	MASK=$MASK1
fi

case "$1" in
	start)
		echo -n "Bringing up the $2 interface..."
		if [ $DHCP = "YES" ]; then
			wait 1
			/usr/sbin/dhcpcd $2
		else
			wait 1
			/sbin/ifconfig $2 $IP broadcast $BROAD netmask $MASK
		fi
		evaluate_retval
		;;
	stop)
		echo -n "Bringing down the $2 interface..."
		if [ $DHCP = "YES" ]; then
			wait 1
			/usr/sbin/dhcpcd -k $2
		else
			wait 1
			/sbin/ifconfig $2 down
		fi
		evaluate_retval
		;;
	*)
		echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop}"
		exit 1
		;;
esac
# End /etc/init.d/ethnet

/etc/sysconfig/network:
HOSTNAME=snickers

DHCP0=NO
IP0=10.1.1.42
MASK0=255.255.255.0
BROAD0=10.1.1.255
GATE0=10.1.1.1

DHCP1=YES

On Friday 05 January 2001  4:07 pm, Craig M. Reece did decree:

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org