LFS upgrade problems

Keith Marshall krm05 at uow.edu.au
Thu Jun 22 23:21:53 PDT 2000

> > configure: warning:
> > *** An auxiliary program is missing or too old;
> > *** some features will be disabled.
> > *** Check the INSTALL file for required versions.

I just got this exact same message while configuring glibc,
I had a look at config.log and found this:

configure:2786: checking for __builtin_expect
configure:2799:
/usr/local/gcc2952/bin/gcc -O3 -mcpu=pentiumpro -march=pentiumpro -nostdlib
-nostartfiles -o conftest conftest.c -lgcc >&5
/usr/bin/ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol _start; defaulting to
08048074
/tmp/ccKZPPEk.o: In function `foo':
/tmp/ccKZPPEk.o(.text+0x10): undefined reference to `__builtin_expect'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Do you know what this means?
everything else looked good.

Keith

> What are the two/three lines above and below it? I don't have a
> config.log here but if I see the surrounding lines I can tell you what
> the problem is. Perhaps msgfmt is missing (if so, install the gettext
> package ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gettext I believe)
>
> > configure:2799:
gcc -O3 -mpentium -march=pentium -nostdlib -nostartfiles -o