$LFS/usr/src

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jul 30 13:06:42 PDT 2000

> well, i spent ages downloadin the archives and settin em up. so i decided to
> install the tried and tested and once workin, upgrade. and on the lfs home
> page
> it says the current stable version is 2.2

It does but LFS-2.3.6 is much more stable and has much improved
installation methods and things like bootscripts are much more advanced
than the 2.2 version has. But since we're still debugging it (2.3.7 will
be released coming Friday and about a week after 2.3.7, 2.4 - next
stable - will be released) it's technically still a development version
and therefore has not been declared stable, but we do urge to use 2.3.6
regardless since it's as stable as it gets. 2.3.7 will just have minor
petty fixes like a typo here and there, some small change in some
installation methods which only save you some typing, it won't fix bugs
since there are practically no bugs (no major ones) anymore in the
development series.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org