$LFS/usr/src

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jul 30 12:04:57 PDT 2000

> hi,
>
> i've just plowed thru my message backlog to see if anyone has had
> the same problem. after installin the $LFS/ - util-linux - stuff, i've
> rebooted and enabled the swap partition etc, and the next thing is
> to install gcc for the third time.
>
> the thing is, the document says $LFS/usr/src, when should it be
> /usr/src cos i've installed the lfs installation.

Are you reading this in the LFS-BOOK-2.3.6 version? If so, let me know
where it exactly is so I can remove it.

If you use the almost obsolete 2.2 version and you have rebooted into
LFS, you use /usr/src and no longer $LFS/usr/src
If you use the 2.3.6 version and you are inside the chroot'ed
environment, you use /usr/src and no longer $LFS/usr/src

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org