TODO + Changelog

J.A. Neitzel jan.listbox at belvento.org
Thu Jul 27 09:25:53 PDT 2000

On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Gerard Beekmans said this:

[SNIP]

> > > Is it?
> >
> > We install the last-command so we should install a wtmp...
>
> Hard to decide wether this would be classified as something the reader
> should do him/herself if such logging is desired or if it's the book
> that should enable it. Since we're a democracy, what do others think of
> this?
> --
> Gerard Beekmans

wtmp ..?	yes, a good idea
btmp ..? 	well, if you do wtmp, you might as well have a btmp

Perhaps it would be a good idea to mention this somewhere, maybe in
an LFS-Hints-Security or something. I always figured it helps with
system security to have the following files set up:
1. /var/log/wtmp
2. /var/log/btmp		a log file for bad login attempts
--
Regards,
J.A. Neitzel
jan at belvento.org