Glibc (another problem)

David Lautenschlager davel at mcdata.com
Thu Jul 27 07:36:03 PDT 2000

Finally figured it out. I made my configparms file by cut and paste in Kedit (from KDE) evidently this introduced some hidden characters in the file which caused my problem. when I use cat to generate the file it worked perfectly.  I guess the moral of my story is don't trust cut and paste!

BTW has anyone determined which version ( TXT, HTML, or SGML) is best for cut and paste? I would think TXT, but prefer working from the others when not cut and pasting.

Later,
Dave

>>> "David Lautenschlager" <davel at mcdata.com> 07/26/00 11:42AM >>>
I finally narrowed down the problem to the configparms file.  without the configparms file glibc compiles perfectly, but with it I get the following:

> make  -C debug subdir_lib
> make[2]: Entering directory `/mnt/hdc5/usr/src/glibc-2.1.3/debug'
> ../Makerules:622: *** multiple target patterns.  Stop.
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/hdc5/usr/src/glibc-2.1.3/debug'
> make[1]: *** [debug/subdir_lib] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/hdc5/usr/src/glibc-2.1.3'
> make: *** [all] Error 2

I have checked my configparms file repeatedly, and can not find anything different about it from the one in LFS2.3.6.  Any ideas on what could be wrong, or how I could get the equivalent  effect without using configparms?

Later,

David

(no subject is required)