creatingdirs.sgml shortened

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jul 27 05:53:05 PDT 2000

I've shortened the creastingdirs.sgml file. The directories in
/usr/local are still made but they're inside a for-loop:

root:~# cd $LFS
     root:~# mkdir bin boot dev etc home lib mnt proc root sbin tmp var
     root:~# for dirname in $LFS/usr $LFS/usr/local
     > do
     > mkdir $dirname
     > cd $dirname
     > mkdir bin etc include lib sbin share src tmp var
     > ln -s share/man man
     > ln -s share/doc doc
     > ln -s share/info info
     > cd $dirname/share
     > mkdir dict doc info locale man nls misc terminfo zoneinfo
     > cd $dirname/share/man
     > mkdir man1 man2 man3 man4 man5 man6 man7 man8
     > done
     root:~# cd $LFS/var
     root:var# mkdir lock log run spool tmp

--