Glibc (another problem)

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jul 27 04:39:01 PDT 2000

> I finally narrowed down the problem to the configparms file.  without the configparms file glibc compiles perfectly, but with it I get the following:

Do a "grep slibdir *" in the glibc-2.1.3 directory and see which files
it occurs in. Then edit every file and change slibdir to /lib - do the
same for every sysconfdir instance. Make sure you check every single
subdirectory as well. Or, try:
make -e slibdir=/lib sysconfdir=/etc <other parms>

Which 'make' program version is running on your normal Linux system? If
not 3.79.x try upgrading it to that version and try again.

You did create a glibc-build directory (or whatever other name - as long
as you don't compile from within the glibc-2.1.3 directory - it's not
recommended) and are compiling from within that one right?

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org