Problem with m4 in 2.3.6 (plus more similar problems with Sysklogd)

Thomas 'Balu' Walter tw at itreff.de
Wed Jul 26 00:52:11 PDT 2000

+-Panos Maheras-(arcana at hol.gr)-[26.07.00 01:00]:
> Sysklogd refuses to compile. The reason:
>
> ksym_mod.o: In function `AddModule':
> ksym_mod.o(.text+0x291): the `llseek' function may be dangerous; use
> `lseek64' instead.
>
> Again during make in the chroot'ed environment.

ChangeLog of glibc (2.1.3):
2000-01-02  Ulrich Drepper  <drepper at cygnus.com>
        * sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/llseek.c: Formulate warning message
        stronger.
1999-12-29  Andreas Jaeger  <aj at suse.de>
        * sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/llseek.c: Emit link time warning for
        llseek.
        Requested by Michael Deutschmann
        <michael at talamasca.wkpowerlink.com>.

less sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/llseek.c
/* llseek doesn't have a prototype.  Since the second parameter is a
   64bit type, this results in wrong behaviour if no prototype is
   provided.  */
link_warning (llseek, "\
the `llseek' function may be dangerous; use `lseek64' instead.")

I don't think that this should be a problem...

     Balu