Known Bugs

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jul 25 16:14:03 PDT 2000

<cut - proof that ld -lcurses does work>

> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcurses
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [bash] Error 1

It still puzzles me somewhat. As written before I have not changed the
-lcurses part in Bash's Makefile, but I let the reader rm -r
/lib/libcurses* and re-create the symlinks. It might be a long shot but
it's at least a workable solution. Can anybody who had this bash-lcurses
problem try this and let me know wether it worked or not:
	cd /lib
	rm -r libcurses*
	ln -s libncurses.a libcurses.a
	ln -s libncurses.so libcurses.so