Known Bugs

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jul 25 16:05:09 PDT 2000

> In chapter "Installing Bash":
> Making bash fails because of missing -lcurses here. I am installing
> from a LFS 2.3.5b.
> Change -lcurses to -lncurses using
>    # sed "s/-lcurses/-lncurses/" Makefile>Makefile2
>    # mv Makefile2 Makefile

I've updated the book on this one but I have done it a bit differently.
Instead of you needing to edit some file when -lcurses is used, I have
the reader check for the /lib/libcurses* symbolic links and if they are
not present, create them. Actually, I let the reader to this:
	cd /lib
	rm -f libcurses*
	ln -s libncurses.a libcurses.a
	ln -s libncurses.so libcurses.so

That should work. If anybody has an objection against this method, you
have about 10 days before 2.3.7 is to be released.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org