More and More directories?

Boris boris at microtrader.com
Tue Jul 25 07:52:29 PDT 2000

Sorry, OutLook screwed up
This is a copy from the 2.3.6 LFS

root:~# cd $LFS
     root:lfs# mkdir bin boot dev etc home lib mnt proc root sbin tmp usr
var
     root:lfs# cd $LFS/usr
     root:usr# mkdir bin etc include lib local sbin share src tmp var
     root:usr# ln -s share/man man
     root:usr# ln -s share/doc doc
     root:usr# ln -s share/info info
     root:usr# cd $LFS/usr/share
     root:share# mkdir dict doc info locale man nls misc terminfo zoneinfo
     root:share# cd $LFS/usr/share/man
     root:man# mkdir man1 man2 man3 man4 man5 man6 man7 man8
     root:man# cd $LFS/usr/local
     root:local# mkdir bin etc include lib local sbin share src tmp var
     root:local# ln -s share/man man
     root:local# ln -s share/doc doc
     root:local# ln -s share/info info
     root:local# cd $LFS/usr/local/share
     root:share# mkdir dict doc info locale man nls misc terminfo zoneinfo
     root:share# cd $LFS/usr/local/share/man
     root:man# mkdir man1 man2 man3 man4 man5 man6 man7 man8
     root:man# cd $LFS/var
     root:var# mkdir lock log run spool tmp

Look at that,  We should *definately* stream down the directories to the LFS
2.2 directory. *Alot* smaller and less clustered

cd $LFS
mkdir bin boot dev etc home lib mnt proc root sbin tmp usr var
cd $LFS/usr
mkdir bin include lib sbin share src
ln -s share/man man
ln -s share/doc doc
ln -s . local
ln -s ../etc etc
ln -s ../var var
cd $LFS/usr/share
mkdir dict doc info locale man nls misc terminfo zoneinfo
cd $LFS/usr/share/man
mkdir man1 man2 man3 man4 man5 man6 man7 man8
cd $LFS/var
mkdir lock log run spool tmp

That was just copied/pasted from the 2.2 LFS. Now look at that. Theirs like
half the directories their and their not even empty like some of the 2.3.6
LFS directories. Gerald you should really stream down on directory creation.