More and More directories?

Boris boris at microtrader.com
Tue Jul 25 07:41:29 PDT 2000

This is a copy from the 2.3.6 LFS

root:~# cd $LFS
     root:lfs# mkdir bin boot dev etc home lib mnt proc root sbin tmp usr
var
     root:lfs# cd $LFS/usr
     root:usr# mkdir bin etc include lib local sbin share src tmp var
     root:usr# ln -s share/man man
     root:usr# ln -s share/doc doc
     root:usr# ln -s share/info info
     root:usr# cd $LFS/usr/share
     root:share# mkdir dict doc info locale man nls misc terminfo zoneinfo
     root:share# cd $LFS/usr/share/man
     root:man# mkdir man1 man2 man3 man4 man5 man6 man7 man8
     root:man# cd $LFS/usr/local
     root:local# mkdir bin etc include lib local sbin share src tmp var
     root:local# ln -s share/man man
     root:local# ln -s share/doc doc
     root:local# ln -s share/info info
     root:local# cd $LFS/usr/local/share
     root:share# mkdir dict doc info locale man nls misc terminfo zoneinfo
     root:share# cd $LFS/usr/local/share/man
     root:man# mkdir man1 man2 man3 man4 man5 man6 man7 man8
     root:man# cd $LFS/var
     root:var# mkdir lock log run spool tmp

Look at that,  We should *definately* stream down the directories to