make -e

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jul 25 04:13:08 PDT 2000

> I notice that in 2.3.6 there still remain several "make -e" commands.
>
> - fileutils (static, 2)
> - gcc (on the LFS system, 1)
> - binutils (static, 2)
> - binutils (chroot'd, 2)
>
> May I ask if these should have been removed in the make -e purge?

The gcc has to change, the binutils needs to stay as well (tooldir needs
to be changed throughout the entire source tree and that only can be
done with a -e). The fileutils can probably be removed, but I have it
still in place. Perhaps I have a good reason for it, I'll get back on
this one (gotto pick up my immigration documents in 2 hours, no time to
build an LFS system right now ;)

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org