proposed change to glibc section

John Phillips lfs at linux.demon.co.uk
Tue Jul 25 02:14:45 PDT 2000

Installing Glibc
================
This section in the book does not make explicit two of the necessary
commands.  This is inconsistent with everywhere else in the book where
the commands are explicitly listed [1].

May I suggest the following minor re-wording:

 | A few default parameters of Glibc need to be changed, such as the
 | directory where the shared libraries are supposed to be installed
 | and the directory that contains the system configuration files. For
 | this purpose you need to create the $LFS/usr/src/glibc-build directory
 | and cd into that directory with:
 |
 |   root:src# mkdir $LFS/usr/src/glibc-build
 |   root:src# cd $LFS/usr/src/glibc-build
 |
 | Then in that directory you create a new file configparms containing the
 | following:
 |
 |   # Begin configparms
 |   slibdir=/lib
 |   sysconfdir=/etc
 |   # End configparms

[1] Except for the section on configuring the shadow password suite
    where it's probably a good idea to make people look at the
    documentation.

John Phillips           john at linux.demon.co.uk