More and More directories?

Boris boris at microtrader.com
Mon Jul 24 10:52:51 PDT 2000

Why is it that in every new LFS, We create MORE and MORE of the same
directories when building LFS. For instance we make man pages twice under 2
directories [/usr/man+/usr/share/man]. Also /usr/share and /usr, the same
directories. Why do we create so many of the same directories? Why not just
use symlinks back to only 1 of them? Making more and more directories just
makes the directory structure more cluttered. Even the FHS doesnt have a
second set of each directory. Cant we keep this excess directory structures
to the minimum in the next lfs?