Problem with m4 in 2.3.6

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jul 24 07:06:53 PDT 2000

> If this turns out to be a glibc 2.0 problem *maybe* we should follow what John
> Phillips suggested: compile statically before and dynamically after (this seems
> to work right now).

Have you confirmed this? If M4 is included in the static section, can it
be compilede ok in the dynamic one? Somehow I doubt it. I don't see how
a static M4 would fix these header problems. Even if M4 is static, you
still will have that sigalstack (or whatever it's called) problem after
you have chroot'ed.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org