e2fsprogs

Serguei Ostrovskii sostrovs at eng.kns.com
Mon Jul 24 06:52:53 PDT 2000

Gerard,
when configuring e2fxprogs-1.1x, you use --with-root-prefix=/
Don't do that.
This option is literally what it says. It is a string which gets
prepended with forward-slash to a copuple
of target directories ( /bin, /sbin ) It is not a path.
As a result you have in /usr/lib dubious symlinks, for example :
libext2fs.so -> //lib/libext2fs.so instead of /lib/libext2fs.so.
I do not mean to say this makes any problems so far, exept _tar_ barking
on this.
Indeed, dubious is worse than wrong, as for me.
So proper option is just
--with-root-prefix=

Sergey Ostrovsky
sostrovs at eng.kns.con