building 2.3.6 from 2.3.6

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jul 23 08:44:53 PDT 2000

> When trying to build a 2.3.6 from a running 2.3.6 I get lots of undefined
> references to `_IO_stderr_` while statically building in various places:
> gzip binutils.

I built a 2.3.6 from 2.3.5b without problems and not all that much has
changed in 2.3.6 package wise (binutils it the only major change but
switching from an unstable to a stable one should cause less problems,
not more ;)

I'm going to upgrade my 2.3.5b to 2.3.6 over the next few days and I'll
build 2.3.7 soon (well more like 2.3.7-pre1) and see what happens when
compiling binutils and such. Can you give the lines that contains these
errors? It would help to know in which directory and which files these
problems arise so I can keep an eye out for them myself.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org