setclock

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jul 23 08:37:21 PDT 2000

> Setting the clock...hwclock: Could not open file with the clock adjustment
> parameters in it (/etc/adjtime) for writing, errno=30: Read-only file
> system.
> Drift adjustment parameters not updated.		[ OK ]
>
> Hm. Perhaps the setclock should go behind the checkfs, but why ist evaled
> to OK? It seems to report no true error return code.

It's just a notification that system time drift rates aren't updated in
/etc/adjtime but hwclock still works ok.

Ok, if we move setclock after mountfs is called so that / is in
read-write mode, I don't think it will create many problems. No daemons
are loaded and not much has been done (other than bringing up the local
loopback device).

Perhaps somebody can consult the hwclock manual page and see how you can
prevent adjtime from being written. I'll read it myself at some point
but if somebody beats me to it that would be great.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org