Problem with m4 in 2.3.6

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jul 23 07:57:20 PDT 2000

> > Is there a problem with m4 or is it just me?
>
> A few of us get this problem (reason unknown).  My fix is to compile
> m4 statically before the "chroot" and then re-compile properly after
> autoconf and automake.

It might have to do how the base system was installed, at least that's
my 'educated' guess. I can't reproduce the error so I find it hard to
test these things.

What you can try is this:
When compiling m4 it tells you that the sigalstack function is dangerous
and some other functions must be used. You can edit that source file and
rename sigalstack by that other recommended function name. That way you
might end up with a working M4 binary. If it works, let us know so I can
update the book on this issue.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org