start-stop-daemon

Hendrik Volker Brunn hvb at gmx.net
Fri Jul 21 10:09:56 PDT 2000

On Fri, Jul 21, 2000 at 05:15:25PM +0200, Thomas 'Balu' Walter wrote:

> Gerard said that you have much more control over daemons this way.

I'd more like reasons like:

We use the scripts because it implements a feature the ssd doesn't have.

So point me to these features. 8-)

My best point is the lower usage of Process IDs, I always hated my SuSE
distro for wasting these and calling lots of scripts repeatedly instead of
using a simple binary...

hvb

--
"Denken sie auch, oder schlurfen sie nur sinnlos ueber die Erde?" (Kafka)