Sanity checking

Iain C iain at sickpuppy.co.uk
Fri Jul 21 07:06:56 PDT 2000

This is a repost - still not convinced things that are posted to the newsgroup go to the list as well but I know it works the other way round.... - IC

=======

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone had a sanity checking methodology - a list of
preliminary things done following an LFS build to determine whether
everything is working as expected.

Such as checking you can compile, checking ls reports filesizes properly,
checking the loopback network interface etc...

I'm writing a script to do some basic post-install testing that people may
find useful, so at the moment I'm looking for inspiration for things to
check.

===
Iain C (the one that isn't Ian Chilton!!)