Known Bugs

Andre Pang andrep-ml at vjolnir.org
Fri Jul 21 05:18:53 PDT 2000

On Fri, Jul 21, 2000 at 12:53:46PM +0200, Thomas 'Balu' Walter wrote:

> In chapter "Important information":
> "export" only works in bash-shells - what if one got a csh?
> Perhaps setenv should be described.

    if people are using csh, you'd hope that they'd know what they're doing
enough to convert export to setenv.  (imho, anybody who does not know this
should not be building an LFS system!)

> Making bash fails because of missing -lcurses here. I am installing
> from a LFS 2.3.5b.
> Change -lcurses to -lncurses using
>    # sed "s/-lcurses/-lncurses/" Makefile>Makefile2
>    # mv Makefile2 Makefile

    just a note on seeing sed used in Makefiles, you can always do something
along the lines of

    % sed "s/-lcurses/-lncurses/" < Makefile | make -f /dev/stdin

--
/ #ozone <andrep at vjolnir.org>; (mobile# 0411 882299)
                               trust in love to save